Alien: Isolation, the stealth horror multi-platform title released in October 2014, has been a gift of a project to work on for sound design. It allowed our audio team the opportunity to create an evocative, reactive and tense soundscape to immerse and terrify the player. The game has a strong audio and visual lo-fi aesthetic, recreated and expanded on faithfully by a super talented game team. It has been a pleasure and highlight of my career to create sound for this game with such a fantastic audio team.
Alien: Isolation has won multiple awards for Game Of The Year, Best Audio and more, which we are ecstatic about!
Here is a list of the awards we’ve won for audio:
- BAFTA – Audio Achievement Award 2015
- SXSW Gaming Awards – Excellence in SFX 2014
- Music And Sound Awards – Best Sound Design (Gaming) 2015
- Game Developer Choice Awards – Best Audio 2014
- Game Audio Network Guild – Best Audio Mix 2014
- IGN Awards – Best Sound Design 2014
- Edge Magazine Awards – Best Audio 2014
- Hardcore Gamer Awards – Best Sound Design 2014
- Fun & Serious Gaming Awards – Best Game Soundtrack 2014
Along with photos of some of the awards: